Sunday, September 7, 2008

Healthy Baby Girl and the naming wars



Okay, so it's been awhile since my last post. I have three sets of ultrasounds of our baby girl. The amnio was easy and provided very positive results. The full scan was also very positive. So, we don't have a thing to worry about with the baby.

The scans to the left are nearly 30 days apart, June through August.

The old woman carrying her is a bit of a different story. As with my previous child, the blood pressure is beginning to creep up. The doctor decided last week to not put me on blood pressure medication, as a side effect is smaller babies. So, they will wait 6 weeks to reassess the situation. All of my measurements (protein, neck ultrasound) are within the standard ranges, so there is a good reason to be more conservative with treatment. I completely expect my gestational diabetes to show up again. I have the screening in a week. Ugh, reduced sugar intake through the holidays. That is a hard one.

We haven't decided on a name, but I like Chloe. Unfortunately, everyone else around me seems to not like it. I'm not sure that I care. If I hear another name that moves me, then I will truly consider it. My husband like Brooke or Gia. Okay, they are not horrible, but not exactly that interesting to me.

No comments: