Sunday, September 9, 2007

1 week into my vegan journey

It's been a week and I feel great. I was able to adhere to a full vegan diet for all of my meals. I went to the Puyallup Fair this weekend and I was very worried. I smelled hot dogs and saw a sign for BBQ and I had a momentary craving.

What I've learned in the last week is that I go crazy worrying about about how food is prepared or I can make the best choices in the situation that I am in. For example, I enjoyed curly fries. I can't be sure that they weren't cooked in the same hot oil as an animal product, but I made the best choice for me. In addition, my anxiety was reduced because several of the vendors had
veggie burgers. I held the cheese and mayo and added grilled onion. It was great.

I am not sure if I've lost weight, but my evacuation system seems to be very regular. I didn't weigh myself before last week, but I'll know in another week or two by the fit of my clothes. I will say that one pair of jeans seems looser, but it could be wishful thinking.

My weight loss plan will be guided, I hope, by this book I ordered McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss
In addition, I noted on another site that raw food diets were a great way to shed a few pounds. I will save that for another month, as I am still learning about eating as a vegan. I have found quite a few products that are vegan, so I am learning that it is easy to eat processed foods as a vegan, which is not the route to a fast weight loss.

No comments: