Sunday, September 16, 2007

2 weeks into my vegan journey

Okay, so it's been two weeks and I'm still going strong. Actually, this has become much easier. I've discovered two restaurants in my neighborhood with vegan options. One is a vietnamese restaurant which was pretty good. This was my first attempt at eating vietnamese food and I enjoyed it. The restaurant is Cafe Hue in the pioneer square neighborhood.

As I learn more about veganism, I keep running into raw foodist. This seems very interesting, but it is something to ponder and to incorporate more raw food or green smoothies/juice into my diet. I doubt that I will be going high raw in the near future. : )

I have lost some weight, but not enough to put on smaller sizes. One pair of pants that did not fit several weeks ago did fit this week.

3 comments:

Raw_Chef_Dan said...

www.rawchefdan.typepad.com leave me a comment and let me know what you think about MY raw food...it's special.

Kristen's Raw said...

I'm hooked on banana and basil green smoothies right now. I love basil, I'm Italian :) 1 cup of water, 2-3 bananas and a big handful of fresh basil. Blend it up and enjoy!

A great resource you might want to read is VegNews magazine. I'm a vegan, high raw (usually all raw) and I love this magazine. It's great for vegans.

And...I just stumbled on a place last night that was advertised in VegNews...it's www.buykind.com where they ship vegan meals. I haven't tried it though.

Also, I have some great and easy Raw vegan recipes on my blog you might enjoy.

Cheers!
Kristen Suzanne
-------
www.KristensRaw.blogspot.com

Rainy said...

I'm a bit late with noticing my comments. I'm excited to try Kristen's suggestions.