Thursday, September 20, 2007

Still Vegan and not exercising


Photo is from 2006 in Atlanta, Georgia (King Memorial).
I'm not sure what it means, but I have basically stopped exercising since I became vegan. I did a 12 mile bike ride the very next day, but that was it. I have no desire to go to the gym. I want to start jogging, but I can't jog in neighborhoods. I'm terrified of stray dogs. So, I must find a track. Perhaps I will do that this weekend.

Oh well, it doesn't really matter because I have taken the first step towards my first Triathlon. I joined a club, Raise the Bar, in Kent, WA. They start beginner swim lessons in October. They have runs during the week and weekends. So, despite my own lack of desire to hit the gym, I have joined the elite.

The world of eating as a vegan is fine. I have less desire to eat out, as most restaurants are a hassle. It is amazing how little I know about food preparation. Why are eggs and cheese in everything? Life would be easier as a vegetarian, but I wouldn't have lost any weight. I can see why there are fat vegetarians. Most veggie meals in restaurant include a generous helping of cheese. I suppose the chefs are trying to make up for the reduced animal protein. Yuck!

Oh yes, today I purchased a superfood supplement, Barleans Greens. Despite my plant based life, I am not really eating that many green vegetables. So, I'm going to start the day with a green drink.

In addition, today I tried my first meat replacement meal. I purchased BBQ Tempeh at Greenfresh Market in Renton, WA. It was okay. The baby seemed to like it. I wasn't blown away by the taste, but the texture was fine.

No comments: